Respecting the environment
Protecting the environment for future generations is one of Torresol Energy’s foundational commitments. In this regard, our plants incorporate pioneering technological solutions for obtaining viable, clean, environmentally-friendly and sustainable energy.
Our objective is to develop and operate efficient solar thermoelectric plants, so as to actively contribute to the evolution of the electricity generation system towards a renewable and sustainable model.
We emphasize our respect and concern for protecting the environment and the proper development of our working environment. For this reason, we commit to observing environmental aspects in all our activities, using innovation and continual improvement to provide the organization, methods and tools needed to develop efficient plants that minimize the environmental impact.
Our commitment is based on the following Basic Performance Principles:
- Compliance with legal regulations, as well as the internal requirements defined by Torresol Energy.
- Integration of an Environmental Management System in our Corporate Strategic Plan, focused on our offices and, in particular, our solar thermoelectric complexes.
- Prevention of toxic or negative environmental repercussions, applying a continual improvement process to our operation and maintenance procedures and to our processes, with a view to increase productivity and cost-effectiveness and reduce non-quality and environmental costs.
- Precise planning to meet specific objectives and goals, bringing in external collaborators and suppliers under the principle of common interests.
- The active and responsible involvement of all the people who make up Torresol Energy, providing proper training to facilitate their performance, strengthen their participation, foster the use of the most suitable environmental techniques and recognize and value their achievements.
- Establishing efficient and constructive communication and participation channels with Public Administrations, Non-Governmental Organizations, shareholders, customers, local entities and other stakeholders.
Access to the measures approved by the management of the Torresol Energy group through which extends its commitment to the environment and environmental protection.